Monday 28 October 2013

Ladybug Christmas DT card for TSC







How to fix torn paper on the back of your card when you've taped the whole front down just to find out your card base was upside down and you had to rip it off



Hi everyone! 
Today I'm sharing the card I made for Tammy's Scrapin' Corner.
This week's challenge is everyone's favorite, Anything Goes
Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Digi Stamps
My bestie loves ladybugs so I've chosen to use the Scene It-Ladybug Christmas. This will most likely be the card she'll be getting for Christmas this year...but we'll see.(Jan,don't look)


 This will be the last challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner so be sure to link up your latest creation with us there one last time.
I've enjoyed being on this team so much! We had such awesome sponsors every week. 
I was exposed to a lot of great artists and artwork. Some of the images I've colored in the last 8 months have been images that I never would have imagined coloring and yet some of those images have turned into cards that have become some of my favorite creations!
Other images I was fortunate to work with were on my "I can't wait to color that image someday" list.
I loved that over and over again "someday" turned into "this day".
It has been a joy for me to share these cards for TSC because it really pushed me to create a card every week that might inspire creativity.
I always tell everyone, coloring is one of the best therapy's there is! 
Wow, I must be so balanced now.
Ha! I'm Thankful for all the consistent therapy I've had. A life may have been saved. :)
Tammy, thank's so much for asking me to join this wonderful team of designers. It was great getting to know every one.
I take my hat off to all the ladies I've worked with who were so fabulous at leaving comments for everyone who linked up with us. You girls rocked at that!
And speaking of hats...I finally sold my Steampunk Pirate Hat on Etsy today!
 This morning as I was half asleep still and checking my email I asked my husband what he bought for $$$?
 He said nothing and I said well then our paypal account has been hacked!
 He came to read the email that had gotten me all in a tizzy and said, it's a payment to you not from you.
 I was puzzled as to who would send me that money when it dawned on me that someone must have bought my hat!
 I was excited and at the same time I started to miss my hat already.
Just last week I was picking out a permanent spot in my craft room for it.
  I hope the buyer gets a lot of enjoyment from it. I loved making it,
I feel a little more confident to list some of my cards on Etsy again. Funny how one sale can do that.
Maybe one day(this year) I'll make some more dough art creations to list as well.
Right now I'm making 11 Christmas tags for a swap at my local scrapbook store. Can't wait to share those with you soon.

 Thanks for stopping by today! Hugs!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Make It Monday Anything goes 
Craftin Desert Diva's Anything goes 
The Cutie Pie Challenge (button,ribbon,die cut-bow,ribbon,card candy)
 


Recipe:
Red:R22,R29,R46,R89
Tree:YG61,YG63,YG67
Stars:Y35,Y38,E15
Baubles:BG72,BG75,BG70
Black:C3,C5,C7,110,C00
Light green:G40,G43,G46

Background shadow:BG0000,BG000,BG10
Black Enamel Accents(Ranger)
Stickles


12 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Your card made me smile. It is such a fun image and a bit different from the usual. I also had to smile at the 'repair' for when you stick a card front up-side down. I guess we've all been there at some time. I saw you on Make it Monday. Kate x

Unknown said...

Your card is terrific and I love the light bulb trim. :) So festive! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card, Debora. Such great detail and colour. Those are the cutest ladybugs (or ladybirds as we say here in the UK)I've ever seen. Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

Mayras Designs said...

What a beautiful and fun card !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's.
Sue x

loz said...

Beautiful card and image. Visiting from MIM..Loz

Gem x said...

This is lovely, I love the image, great card. Thanks for entering into Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Shelly said...

Gorgeous! Quite a card! Love the fun lights and the tree image is great!

Thanks for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
Shelly

Helen said...

Gorgeous card and I love all the embellishments you've added.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Regan said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the strand of lights at the top! And congrats on your etsy sale!
{hugs}
Regan

Camille Short said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation!

Jan said...

By far the best Ladybug Christmas card ever created! It's perfect down to the last spot!