Thursday 10 October 2013

Kraftin Kimmie DT Call-Little Miss Muffet







Hello again peeps!
Here's the second card I'm entering into the Kraftin Kimmie DT Call. It's a Birthday Challenge.
I made this card for my daughter Ashley who just  had her 29th birthday at the end of September.
Ashley and Nerissa both didn't get birthday cards last year so I wanted to make sure they each had a special one this year.
 Better late than not at all. 
The shoemaker's kids go without shoes and the card maker's family goes without cards at the time of the occasion.
As soon as I saw this stamp I knew I was going to use it for Ashley's birthday card.
She is hysterically afraid of spiders. Yet she just keeps attracting them to herself. I think that's because she's always thinking about them. The law of attraction? She thinks the first car she ever bought had a spider nest somewhere in it or under it because she was constantly finding spiders in or on it.
She always has a can of spider raid close by. A can in the car, and can in the house, and a can to take along camping. Yes that's right, camping!
She always has a spider story to tell too!
So we, her friends, and family think it's funny to share spider pictures on her fb wall.
So I just couldn't resist making her a card with this Little Miss Muffet stamp.
 Does that make me a bad mom?
I had a bigger realistic looking, metal charm spider I was thinking of using but I didn't think she would enjoy that so I went with the cutie spider brad instead.
This stamp also comes with the sentiment, Don't Let The Little Things Scare You.
Too cute, and so perfect for her. Like a good mother I'm just wanting to instil words of wisdom. Ha!
I've been buying the KKS's ever since my gf, Jan gave me a couple of the fairy stamps a couple of years ago.
What can I say? Kimmie always has such awesome sales going on! Like this week there's 140 stamps on sale at 20-60% off.  If you're a  hoarder collector of stamps check it out!
Somehow in just a couple of years I've collected 70 KKS and have so far used a whopping 5. In a perfect world I would have foam mounted my rubber as soon as I got it in the mail but in reality they just started to accumulate, and when I was inspired to use a certain one I'd have to wait till they were cut out of the rubber.
I had 23 stamps already mounted, which I thought was a ton and then the next time I counted there were 47 stamps that were needing to be mounted.
I  spent a couple of days on this "mounting project" and took pictures of the whole process so I could remind myself not to let them pile up again. There was a ton of rubber laying around. 
This time I used that wonderful heat blade tool to cut the rubber out of the foam. That was the cat's meow. Like a hot knife going through butter. I will never cut that sticky foam with scissors again.
Also, I used to use those Kai scissors that SU used to sell to cut the rubber but found the TH scissors work sooooo much better!  Wonder what I should do with my $40 Kai scissors now. Guess I could give them to someone who has a bonsai tree since that's what they're originally for .
The paper is Pion Designs.
I also used a spiderweb button, spider brad, some crystal drops and buttons. A spoon charm, an assortment of flowers,lace and some shabby seam binding ribbon.
The mounting process











All done for now.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Kraftin Kimmie Birthday/DT
Make It Monday Anything goes

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card Debora. I love Kim's images to and this one is a cute image and made a darling card. Great coloring and a beautiful design.

Miss NiceRoad said...

this one's lovely too :)

Peanut said...

Cute and so beautifully coloured, Debora! Spotted your card on MIM.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous card, Deb! Love all those layers and the soft, dusty, vintage feel.
Best of luck with the DT call. They'd be silly not to choose you!

Monika Reeck said...

cuuuteee Image and your coloring her so lovely and nice flowers...I never used flowers on my card but yours look so adorable...love this...


I see your card on Make It Monday..my card is no 178 if you would like to see it on my blog and if you could leave me some love I would be so glad...

Regan said...

Delightful! Love your gorgeous flower arrangement and the lace! And that's one heck of a stamp collection you've got there"!! :-)
{hugs}
Regan