Thursday 16 February 2012

Kraftin Kimmie Monique Pins and Pearls















"I'll sing you of Hochtaler as we share a glass and whenever I sip it I'll say this wine's got class!"
Every time I look at this glitzy card, that jingle from the Hochtaler wine commercial plays in my head!
I designed this card for a challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie's stamps Blog and I couldn't wait to blog about it and share it. This week's theme is Pins and pearls.
This image of Monique was stamped with good o'l rubber!  I've been so captivated by my newly discovered and downloaded digi stamps, but these adorable Kraftin Kimmie stamps are just too fun not to want to color up.  I love my ever growing collection of them.

 I love the two tone hair color on Monique and I learned to do that by watching Amy from A thousand sheets of paper, color. You can watch this youtube video where she shares that technique. Very kewl!  Amy always seems to find the perfect paper to tell the story of her stamps, that I'm now calling her the Paper Whisperer!  I'm glad there's so many wonderful Copic artists out there wanting to share their knowledge because I am very willing to learn.  I really appreciate when artists share what colors they used. That was so useful to me as I started to build my Copic collection.  Another awesome artist who's work I admire is Cheryl Valadez from The Ink Trap.  Her layering and shading are awesome. Just amazing!  Just recently I stumbled across Melanie's blog from Paper Blessings.  I love the rich vibrant colors she uses to color up her images. Very striking!  Melanie colored up Monique with the little black tails on her red skirt, and when I saw that I knew that's how Monique's ruffles must be colored...because that's when the Hochtaler song first popped in my head. "Hey that's some kind of wine!" 
So back to my card, which I can say was inspired by all three of these talented artists!
I love pins in my cards and I made the two crystal and red ones. They really sparkle.  The swirly flowers were from a ribbon that I cut apart. The pearl and rhinestone star burst and acrylic hearts were embellishments I had been hoarding for a few years in my scrapbooking stash. It was fun to finally use them!  The paper is Bo Bunny Enchanted.
Monique is so Steampunk I just love her. I think this is my favorite of the three cards I posted this week.
I found a great quote on Pinterest that said,"Inspiration exists but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso~ I found that out to be true.  I'm enjoying finding challenges to play along with because they're very motivational and most inspiring.



Challenges:
Kraftin Kimmie Pins and Pearls
Stampin With The Dragon #3 photo inspiration 
Allsorts Free and Easy 
Divas By Design Wings And Things 
DYSU Layers 
Simply Create Too Red Hot
One Crazy Stamper Love Is In The Air
Anything Goes Challenge Blog Bingo Board(distress,mychoice-bling, ribbon and lace)
Little Darlings Favorite Embellishments(bling)
Crafty Purple Frog Flower Power 
Papertake Weekly Black White And Red Allover 
Cute Card Thursday #204 Flower Power 
My Mums Craft shop Swirls And Pearls



Copics:
Skin: E00,E13,E21,,R00,R20
Hair: E50,E51,E53,W3,W5,W7
Reds: R27,R46,E59
Blacks: C3,C5,C7,C9
Cane: Y14,Y17

22 comments:

Denise said...

Fantastic card. Love the black and white papers and great colouring of the image.
Thanks for joining our challenge at DYSU this week xx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have new candy if you are interested :)

Scrappin Sista said...

veery cute, love the red!! Nice card,
Alice B.

Fleur said...

Awesome card,
Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

Yay Hochtaler! I love that commercial too - it's "old school"!
Awesome coloring and I love the way you layer your papers - it really draws the eye into the focal point of the card (which is fantastic BTW...

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Debora: your card is so wonderful. I love the INSIDE of your card--cute! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create for our "RED HOT" Challenge #6.

PS thanks for leaving us a comment, too! we love reading every one!

Diane
Simply Create Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Marjo said...

Fabtastic card, thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

Xoxo Marjo

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous image - i just love the colour combo and the fab rose ribbon
Thanks for joining us at Diva's for our things with wings challenge
Lisa x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Lovely card, I love the colours and that image is gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, good luck and hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Doreen said...

Love your card, a great image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Anything Goes this week.xxx

Mummylade said...

this really is extraspecial! Thank you so much for entering our free and easy challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

emma mitchell said...

WOW what a fab card !!
Thank you for joining us at anything goes challenge blog
Emma xx

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful love the image and the colours great layout too thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Alice said...

wow! very pretty details and coloring. beautiful card!

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you next week.

-Wenche

Jenny said...

A gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Shelby said...

Isn't she just the sexy vixen:)?!! You've colored her up perfectly and the papers you went with are fantastic!

Shelby

sara said...

great card love that star pin thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Wooooooow!!! This is absolutely breathtaking! Looove the black and white wit the hints of red. Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Purple frog. Good luck in the drawing! Hugs...Mona

Madge H. said...

Wow - you've done a beautiful job on this card - Love the steampunk look.
Thanks for joining us at OCS.

Michelle Pearson said...

love your coloring, color scheme and details! Great Card! Thanks for entering it in the One Crazy Stamper Challenge! :)

Amy said...

LOL! The Paper Whisperer... I like that! Thanks for the shout out about my videos too. :)
This is yet another absolutely fabulous card Debora and your Monique is a knock out! I love everything about this card!