Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tickled Pink Happy Birthday Pippa









G'day!  I'm back today with a Happy Birthday card featuring a little Pinkette cutie from Tickled Pink Stamps called Pippa.  Isn't she sweet!  I love her long braided hair.  I think I'm a little jealous of it since I just had my hair cut a couple of days ago and I ended up with something totally different than I asked for.  I've been growing out a bad cut for the last 6 months and now it looks like the haircut I just grew out.  Ugh!  Well like my husband says..."It's just hair...at least you still have some on your head." That was said just before he asked, "What are you crying about now?"  Men...just don't understand the psychology of hair...a woman's crowning glory!  As a hairstylist myself I just have to wonder how, what, why, this happened?!  Why did I move so far away from my awesome hairstylists who always knew exactly what I wanted?!  How did this new hairstylist give me such a great trim last time, but seemed to struggle this time?  WTH?  There's nothing I can do about it so I just have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason, and who am I to judge a situation as good or bad?...it just IS.  And this too will pass.  In the mean time I'll just keep my head down and keep coloring.
A special thanks to Kellie for sweet little Pippa...hope you like her.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion Birthday Bling
Clear it out Challenge Birthday/use your bling 
Tuesday Throwdown Paper tearing 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Celebrations 
Stampin' or the Weekend Bingo flowers/glitter,sparkle,/ribbon,bow 
DYSU Distress
Simon Says Stamp 3 Different Papers 


Copics used:
Hair/Boots: E25,E31,E50
Skin: E000,E00,E11,R00,R20
Overalls: BG10,BG11,BG23
Shirt: Y13,Y15,Y17,toned down with N1
Sleeves/headband: R20,R22,R24







19 comments:

Penny said...

This is beautiful! Your coloring is perfect! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful, sweet image and card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cutie Pie Challenge, good luck, Cheers Sue N x

ScrappyRae10 said...

I love all the details and your image is aweasome!!! Thanks for playing along with CTO!!

Bianca said...

What a cute and springlinke card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Tracy said...

Stunning card.
Not only is the image adorable and your colouring perfection. I also love the details, like the wood planks you stamped on the background. So pretty.
As for hair...that sucks, hate when I get a bad cut. But from someone with thinning hair..I am just happy when I can cover up the thinning parts, lol.

Erica said...

She's so cute on that card!

Lisa Jane said...

what a cute image - coloured beautifully
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our lots of layers challenge
Lisa x

Adrian said...

Your coloring is beautiful! Very cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Naomi said...

FABULOUS card! LOVE the papers, LO, and that SUPER cute image! Thanks for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

Amy said...

Sorry about the bummer hair cut, I feel your pain as I've been there once or twice myself. At least it doesn't look like it has zapped your mojo at all because this card is just fantastic! Pippa is colored beautifully and those MME papers make the perfect home for her too... love!

Jenny said...

Eine tolle Karte in tollen farben und mit einem süßen Motiv.
Danke für Deine Teilnehme bei Fairy tale Challenge.Liebe Grüße.

Darlene said...

WOW! The design is fabulous and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘USING DIGIS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Patty Tanúz said...

awww it's a great card!!!! love it, thanks for participe with usssssssssssss!!! Patty Tanúz (DT Dilo en Español) :)

girlia said...

Lovely image. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Everything about your card is so beautiful, all your details and the stunning colors! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use bling)" challenge :)

Sabina said...

This is so cute, I love the colours you have used.
Thank you for joining us over at SFTW!

/Sabina

Jan said...

Pippa's perfect! Her beautiful braids are stunning! Too bad about your hair...

Esther said...

Love your design and the darling image that you colored perfectly!
Cute card!
Thanks for joining CTO this week.

Kellie said...

Oh wow this is absolutely amazing! BLEW me away!