Wednesday 23 April 2014

Quirky Tag Swap-Matchbox Shadowbox






Hi everyone!
Today I'm sharing the tags I made for April's tag swap.
This months theme is Quirky!
I used the new TH matchbox diecut to construct these fun little shadow box tags.
After I had folded, taped, and constructed these boxes I sprayed them with Dylusion's ink sprays.
I also sprayed some seam binding in the same three colors of ink, which were Bubblegum Pink, Fresh Lime, and Crushed Grape.
I added a strip of Chalk tape to the side of the box(as the striking surface) and it can be used to write a To/From on.
The sentiment, "Mostly I just sit around all day being fabulous" is from a Dylusions stamp set called, Say it how it is.
The adorable rhinestone accented cat eye glasses were made from an Impression Obsession die cut called sunglasses, I cut them out of chalkboard cardstock called Chalk Stalk. I love the velvety feel of that stuff! I also used that same paper for the skull diecuts that I put onto the back of the boxes and Those were cut out with a Spellbinders diecut.
I used a TH Rosette die with some Echo Park paper and made a lovely rosette.
The retro image is from a collage I bought on Etsy.
I added a bauble, a wired bead, and some Doodle Twine to the tag.
I also used glitter glue around the pic and sprinkled some Stampendous Silver Halo Mix to the inside of the box.
I used Clip It hooks as my tag hangar and added some gathered embossed sheer ribbon to the back side. 
I added a couple of turquoise rhinestones, some rock candy glitter to the nylon butterflies and pushed a little heart pin into the paper rosette.
Detail! I like details, that's what makes it fun for me. 
I was quite surprised and impressed with how fun and easy these shadow box tags were to create.
Next months tag swap theme is Fairytale and I'm still working on ideas for that one.
I don't have a pic of all the tags from this swap as a couple of ladies didn't get their tags to the swap.
Here's a pic of the group tags minus 2 tags.
Thanks for stopping in! Hugs!

No comments: