Sunday 23 March 2014

Life Is What You Make It-Kit and Clowder- Whimsy stamps contest






Hi everyone,
today I'm sharing the card I made for the Whimsy Stamps Customer Appreciation Contest over at the Kit and Clowder blog.
I've colored up this Wee Stamps image called Winter Fairy, and added a Fun Life Ticket sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs, that reads,  "Life Is What You Make It". There is also a matching die cut for the ticket stamps. So fun!
As I began making this card I thought it would be a great Winter/Christmas card but it's actually perfect as a Canadian Spring card!
So lovely to have it snowing on the first day of Spring!!! Not!
Well the best attitude I can have about that is like this Winter fairys..Just make the best out of it!
(breathe) 
Even though it took me forever to decide on what colors to use on this adorable image, the card itself got made up in record time!(And by record time I mean under four hours). Again I was thinking, just Keep It Simple!!! Haha!
I attempted a little water coloring with TH distress ink and some Twinkling H2O for the background. Some of the ink lines smeared from the water but I think I was able to camouflage most of the smears with that wonderful Frantage!
Thanks for stopping in today and
 Happy Spring!
Hugs~!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

2 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Really beautiful. Good luck in the challenge.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.