Monday 22 April 2013

You're A Star-Challenge #59@TSC








Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a card I made for a challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner
This weeks challenge is #59 Anything goes/Bling it up
Our sponsor this week is Stamp Fairy
I've used the digi called Mimi Stars 4
I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for this challenge.
 It's a bling thing so add as much or as little as you like. When it comes to "shiny" more is always better! I had to stop myself from adding more bling to this card because I can get so carried away with sparkly things.  Glitter never photographs well but it is so shiny and sparkly in real life! I used purple and teal sticky glitter paper,and gold foil papers that I had been hoarding for at least 12 years. The glitter papers have a very glossy coating on the front and the  back peel away paper has Kodak written on it. All the things I've collected for scrapbooking over the years are finally getting used. Before making cards as much as I do now, I used to buy loads of scrapbooking paraphernalia scrapbook. Now every time I use something from my stash I smile and think, Ha! I knew I bought that for a reason!

I got to babysit Morgan, and Tanner, two of my grandkids again this weekend. I enjoyed having them so much that when they left Sunday night I felt all weepy. They only live an hour away and we get to see them quite often. We looked after them for two weeks, just three weeks ago, and they'll be here again next Saturday, but just for a quick visit. I guess it just kind of hit me how precious this time with them is. I try to be present with them every minute and create fun filled memories. This weekend we created more Art,and I introduced them to the poetry of one of my favorite authors, Shel Silverstein. We read from the book Where the sidewalk ends.They loved it and so did I! Especially Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle me too...Spending so much time together has really bonded us and every visit is so precious to me.
I am so thankful to be so blessed!

Hope you have an amazing week...thanks for the visit!

I also wanted to share the present the kids gave me this weekend. This beautiful engraved pedant and chain that I will always cherish.
My daughter, Nerissa inked up and stamped Morgan and Tanner's hands and emailed them to a jeweler who added them to this pendant. "I love you to the moon and back" is something we tell each other all the time.
Here are their little hand prints preserved forever...It's no wonder I was so weepy right?!




 Popcorn and a movie before bed



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion #149 Diamonds are a girl"s best friend
Get Inky #2 Bring on the bling
Catered Crop Just add glitter
Word Art Wednesday # 76 Anything goes
Oldie but A goodie Make it girly(12+ old paper) 



Recipe:
Skin:E00,E11,E21,R20
Dress:BG000,BG01,BG05,BG09
Shoes:V01,V04,V06,V09
Hair:E11,E13,E15,E18
Stars:Y35,Y38,E15
Ground:BV23, BV25,BV29
Background shadow:B0000,B000,0

Edited to add this badge:
 
Photobucket

23 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! All your stars.. your coloring.. the colors!! An amazing card!!! I love that gift your kids gave you too!! Its wonderful! LOL And that is a great photo :)

Unknown said...

Great colors on this one! Really cute card - saw it on MIM!

Rene said...

Fantastic card! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for another open paper challenge!
Rene :D

loz said...

Fabulous card and colors Debora. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Blue Moon Creation said...

I love the colors and bling on this card! And the coloring on the little girl looks so good! Don't forget to go to our website www.bluemooncreation.net and message us with the names of the three digi stamps you would like us to send you for linking up in our challenge. Thanks for playing along at Get Inky! Challenge, we hope to see you Get Inky! with us again! -Thia

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just lovely, Debora. I love this sweet image and the little touches of glitter are just perfect. Great styling and design as well. Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to share this in our challenge this week. We are always so blessed to have artists share their talents, and we are truly grateful for your participation.
Have a blessed week, and please join us again very soon.
Hugs and prayers,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. For another great Anything Goes Challenge, please stop by and share this with us at V's Sweet Ideas here:
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

pinky said...

This cutie caught my eye at MIM. Such an adorable card inside and out.

Candy C said...

Debora...first of all, let me say that I absolutely LOVE your etched pendant that your daughter had done for you! That is so so sweet. Your "You're a Star" card is adorable. I love your little girl. You've colorized her to perfection to coordinate with the glitzy blue purple papers you've used. The start die cuts are adorable. Your design is perfect! I also love the interior of your card...beautifully done! Finally, I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Have a wonderful week! <3 Candy

Donna K said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Love your mad coloring skills!!! Thanks for linking this beauty up to Tara's Craftin Desert Diva's linky party!

~Donna K
guest designer- Craftin Desert Divas

Unknown said...

Love your card Debora! Mimi never looked so good and the star theme is terrific.
Thank you for leaving me a sweet comment. :)
Hugs,
Lisa

coops said...

So gorgeous Debora.I love all the fabulous stars and really stunning image and colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge ;D

xx coops xx

Sandra said...

Stunning card! Love the pretty colors you've chosen for this card! She is so adorable! The sentiment is so fitting for this card! Gorgeous pendant! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Suzi Mac said...

Such a cute card Debora, I saw it on MIM and just had to let you know.
Hugs
Suzi

Miss Sophie scrappar said...

What a beautiful card!!
Love the image and the coloring is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at songbird challenge.

Hugs Sophie

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a cutie pie! Nice coloration...so vivid and bright! I love your photos and inspiration as well! FUN! Thanks for sharing your true colors with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

MommyScraps said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing at Craft Your Passion this week!
-adina

Skye said...

I love your card, it's beautiful. I like the bright cheery colours and the cute image

RoseC said...

Debora, your beautifully colored Mimi Stars looks fabulous on this colorful and very pretty card surrounded by all of your glowing stars. Lovin' your layered and super sparkling elements!!! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Bling It Up!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

JanR said...

So cute! I love how she sparkles.

Unknown said...

I love those colors and all those pretty stars! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge“ Linky Party. New Linky Party starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Karen said...

Love all the stars and glitter you added to your card. Love it!

Unknown said...

Saw your card over at Make It Monday and had to tell you how much I like it! Such a cute digi and great coloring.
Thank you so much for sharing!!
Zenita aka Scrappinwith'Z
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Hi Debora!
I featured your card as my Pick of the Week for last weeks MIM...I thought you would like to know ;-)
Here's the link to my post:
http://cinscreations.blogspot.nl/2013/04/mim-138-with-meljens-design.html

Love,
Cin