Monday 8 April 2013

Always Be A Unicorn-Challenge #57@TSC







Hello friends! Today I'm sharing the card I made for challenge #57 at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner.
This weeks sponsor is QKR
I've chosen a digi image called,Sitting Unicorn.

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn."
I had just found that saying on Pinterest and it cracked me up. As soon as I saw this digi I knew I wanted to use that saying on my card.
This week's theme is Anything goes and add 1 image, 2 die cuts, and 3 embellishments.

I spent quite a while coloring the shaded parts of the unicorn with a really interesting color combination,leaving most of the body white. Then I decided I wanted to add a touch more color using the" bubble technique." That's where you add dish soap and ink or paint to water. Blow bubbles in the mixture with a straw,and touch your paper to the bubbles you've blown.
I've never done this technique before and I probably should have tested it on a piece of scrap paper first...but I didn't...and I was a little shocked surprised with how much color got transferred to the image. There was no going back from the big splotch of green in the middle of my unicorn so I just kept adding more color. I liked the finished look but all that beautiful shading I had just created disappeared.
Since I still had all this bubble/ink solution mixed up I decided to bubble up a test sheet of paper after all. Of course that turned out exactly how I thought it would! I used part of that paper behind the rainbow glitter paper,and on the inside of the card.
The die cut swirl was inked up with metallic pigment inks. I stamped a star stream over a part of the swirl and embossed it with glitter embossing powder.
Parts of the unicorn were painted with Frost smooch glitz, and the image has amazing sparkle to it in real life. It just didn't photograph well at all. The whole card is one big sparkle.

Thanks for the blog visit,and for all the wonderful comments you leave for me to read.
Looking forward to seeing your take on this week's challenge. 


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Card Mania Challenge #18 Punches/diecuts
Crafty Bloggers Network #10
Mema's Crafts April Anything goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle Use a digi
Challenges 4 Everybody#17 Anything goes
Catch The Bug Challenges April Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss #178 Anything goes with sparkle
Paper Take Weekly Anything goes
Through The Craftroom Door 2-8 April Anything goes
Make My Monday Create your own background
Challenges 4 Everybody #18 Anything goes
 




Recipe:
Invisible shading on unicorn:BV00,RV10,BG10
Horn,mane,tail,hooves: FRV1,FYR1,FB2,FYG1
Bubble solutions: Magenta, Blue, Purple, Lime green  
White paint pen to accent

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning wow, this is just adorable hun.
I have never heard of this technique but I will have to find it lol
I love this card so much.
Hugs Tammy

Unknown said...

I LOVE how this turned out! I think the Unicorn is just fantastic!! I love the extra white you added for detail too!! Its absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow indeed, this is just stunning I have never heard of the technique either. But it certainly looks very effective. Just love this magical card. so very beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Artisitic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

Mema's Crafts said...

Love the uniqueness of this card. Thank you for taking time to play with us at Mema's Crafts and we hope to see back again real soon.

Hugs
Lesia

Don't forget to enter the blog giveaway if you desire and if you haven't already entered.

Joey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it, what a fabulous image, which you have coloured up to perfection, stunning creation. Saw you over on mim. Joey xx

Unknown said...

Love the fun colors and image. :) Great views of your card and it's pretty on the inside too! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Miradormakings said...

This is fabulous and I love the image. Thank you for joining us over at Artistic Inspirations this week.

Joan x

Elena V. said...

it's so cute! Saw it on MIM.

Mynn xx said...

What a fun card! LOVE all the rainbow colors and I adore the sentiment! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Monique said...

haha, love it. It made me smile =)

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful and funny card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Sande said...

Hi Debora!
Your card is SUPER!!! It makes me smile and those colors are fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy on "Swirls" challenge!
Good luck and hope to see your lovely creations soon again!

Hugs, Sande xx
Whoopsi Daisy DT

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the image and love your colouring! Thanks so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog. Good luck in the draw. Remember to check back tomorrow to see if you're a winner.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Jan said...

Great card thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

Min said...

Amazing coloring!
Just Fabulous! We’re so glad you played along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you join us again this week for the Bugaboo “Theme” challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh... this is too cute! I stopped in from MIM.

Angela D said...

Very cute card, love the image and the sentiment, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
Hugs
Ang
Crafty Bloggers Network DT
My Blog: A Crafty Blether

besitos said...

Wow! this is stunning! Love the image and the sentiment, made me smile. I love it! :) xx thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week Paula DT

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful unicorn colors, soft and pretty! Full of whimsy! Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anne Temple said...

Love the coloring on the unicorn! Adorable card. So glad you joined us at SNS Creative Challenge this month.