Wednesday 29 April 2015

Faery Ink-Owl-Sympathy card





Hello darlings! 
Today I'm sharing a card I made for my mother and father-in-law, with the passing of my mother-in-law's mom.
Grandma Simmons passed away April 11th.
She was 90 and would have celebrated her birthday again, June 30.
She was born in 1924
Grandma was truly a darling, and she loved owls.
 
I found this awesome free digi from Faery Ink Group
That's a pretty awesome owl image...and did you read the part about it being a freebie? 
It's available to download when you join the fb group.
Pssst! Amanda also has other delightful free digis you can download
You can find more fabulous digis in the Faery Ink shop.
I love these images! There are so many I'd like to color up!
I know, Grandma would have enjoyed all the bright colors in this card.
I made an angel stick pin with beads, and altered a metal flower with rhinestones and more rhinestones!
I made the dark background paper with a Mono Printing technique.(I'm still going to do a tutorial on that)
Since my white Sharpie paint markers have run out of ink and the store was out of stock, I've had to  become creative with adding all the white highlights I love to add.
So, I squeezed out some glossy Dimensional faux Enamel Accents onto a scrap paper and dipped a stylist into it to add the dots.
I'm looking forward to finding a new Sharpie pen soon!
The sentiment,"With Sympathy" is from a SU set.
I also made another card with the same owl image for Grandpa Simmons.
I hope that when he looks at it, he'll think of his darling and smile!
 
Grandpa's card


I know I wrote the colors down somewhere and if I can find the recipe I will come back to update.
Thanks for stopping in today! 
B-U nique! Hugs!

No comments: