Saturday 21 February 2015

It's Good To Be Queen-Hannah Lynn-Queen of Hearts





Surprise! Hello again darlings!
Today I'm sharing the Valentine cards I made.
All 6 of them!
Sadly, they didn't get finished in time to be sent out to my dear ones again this year.
Well, actually I think I'll still send them out anyway!
I started making these shortly after I signed up for the Kit and Clowder Skin/Hair class which was a year ago now.
Such a fabulous class!! I'm hoping to take the Animal class next.
So last year I printed the images and colored all the skin...then they just sat until Valentine's Day of this year. 
I wanted to wait till I went through the Hair instructions before tackling those locks.
Ta da! All done!
I love how they turned out! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep one for myself!
The spanky image is called Queen of Hearts by Hannah Lynn.
So gorgeous! I love Hannah's artwork!
I used my water colors to paint  the background using Hannah's original art as inspiration. 
It looks like there's some volcanic action brewing behind her.
With all that vivid color going on I knew Queenie would look best on my favorite, Bo Bunny-Harlequin paper.  
Perhaps it's my signature look?
This paper is discontinued, but thankfully I have a good stack of it!
I love the weight of this paper, as well as the random black glitter on it.
 The awesome black and white striped ribbon; I found at, Michaels' in the clearance bin, and I've used it all up! 
Ack! Now what?
I know SU used to sell this but it got discontinued long before it ever found its way into my orbit.
If you know where I can get more of this ribbon, please hook me up!
I've been trying to use more die cuts on every card, but I seem to be using my favorites ones over, and over.
Awe, well, that's what makes me happy!
On this card I used the TH Elegant Flourishes, the Ornate Frame, as well as a Spellbinder's heart die.
I cut them out of heavy red and black glitter cardstock. The flourishes were cut from Best Creations Inc-Sunshine Gem glitter cardstock(my favorite gold glitter color).
The sentiment, "It's Good To Be Queen" is from a Kraftin Kimmie stamp called Queen Guinevere.
I'm glad I was able to get my hands on that rubber set before it got  discontinued.
Hmmm..."discontinued" seems to be a pattern here. See this is why us women get all cray cray with hoarding craft supplies...because we know sooner than later it's going to get discontinued.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Thanks for stopping in today...don't go too far away because I'm planning on sharing another card tomorrow.
B-U-nique! Hugs!

Recipe:
Skin: E000,E00,E13,E21,E04,R20
Hair: YR04,YR18,E09,E18
White: B0000
Eyes: B0000,FB2,FBG2,FYG2
Sceptre:YR11,YR15
Red: R22,R29,R59












































































































































































































No comments: