Monday 13 May 2013

Mermaid-A Day for Daisies-Challenge #62@TSC





Hello, and thanks for visiting today!
I'm sharing the card I made for the new challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
Challenge #62 Anything goes with ribbon and lace.
Our sponsors are A Day For Daisies and SK Digis.
I've chosen this beautiful digi from A Day For Daisies. This image is called Mermaid.
Papers are from My Mind's eye.(2006-2008)
I used spica pen on the tail and fin and then covered it with stickles.
I pulled out my chalks and dusted them off so I could color up the clock die cut.
I've added silver mesh ribbon over the clock, and used this fun netted tassel lace.
The tiny dragonfly is a laser cut chipboard from Make It Crafty They are so intricate and wonderfully made.
I had made these ocean borders in my scrapbooking days and never used them until now. I cut a piece off of one,altered it a bit and added it to the bottom left side of the card. I remember being so thrilled that I had found those tiny, real sand dollars to use on them.
I found this wonderful acetate overlay in my stash along with the MME papers and thought it was perfect to add over top of the image I colored.
Yeah, that glare was really fun to photograph.
 I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this week's challenge.

I was able to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend with my children and grandchildren and it was such a wonderful time. Lots of memories were made again.
Saturday afternoon my daughter,Stevie and I took a mixed media class and made a Steampunk inspired canvas.
Mine didn't get finished...which is kind of  normal because I rarely get any of my projects finished in class. Just too much of a perfectionist.
So here's a picture of Stevie's canvas. I loved how it turned out and I'm so happy we were able to get together and create something fun.

 After the 4 hour class we rushed home to have a barbecue with the rest of the kids. We celebrated Tanner's 2nd birthday and just had a great time together.
Here's a picture of Hailey, and Morgan, two of my granddaughters playing dress up with some of the costumes I have in the tickle trunk.

 I can finally share some exciting news with you. I'm going to be a grandma again for the sixth time in about 7 months!! 
See you again soon.



I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Make It Monday Anything goes
Get Inky Challenge #4 Die cuts 
Robyn's Fetish Challenge blog Pirates and the sea 
Color Me Creative Anything goes #68
Crafty Catz #182 Anything goes
Simply Create Too #37 Anything goes 
The Emerald Faeries #43 Ribbons


Recipe:
Skin:E000,E00,E21,E11,R20
 Hair:R22,R29,R46,R59
Tail:BG49,G17,G02,G00,G000
Sand:E40,E41,E43,E47
Shadow:BG0000,BG000,BG01,0






12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Debora..fabulous colouring and just love this image..love the clock coloured up with chalks.Great canvas by Steveand your G/daughters look so adorable...congrats on the new baby coming along too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

OMG - the mermaid! I love it! How come I never made a card with a mermaid? (stupid, stupid, stupid...)
It is just awesome! Can't stop looking at it!
I saw You on MIM!
Have a nice day!

Alljazzed2create said...

This is gorgeous.. Your colors on the mermaid are fabulous..

Pam Dt

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome, love the colours and richness of your mermaid image. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

loz said...

Fabulous card and image Debora. I saw this on MIM..Loz

karalschuknecht said...

Debora, this is gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Wow what a stunner! Your coloring looks amazing, especially her tail. It's not always easy to get colors to blend together but you nailed it. Congrats on the new grandbaby! Hugs!

Shirley-Anne said...

Enjoyabe feast of creativity on this post . lovely card too . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Naomi Johnson said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

TRACEY MO said...

How gorjuss is she, just love your colour palette you ahve used. Beauitful.

Thanks for joining us at get inky challenge

Tracey dt

Erica said...

I just love the way you did the water and that corner sets the card up nicely.
Congrats on your new announcement.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too in our Anything Goes challenge.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Shannon83k said...

Great card!
Thanks so much for participating in CMC "Anything Goes" challenge. DT Shannon