Thursday 1 March 2012

Kraftin'Kimmie Alice in Wonderland









Today I'm sharing a card I made using a Kraftin' Kimmie image called Alice in Wonderland. I'm playing along with the Krafty Girls and this weeks challenge is a sketch.

When I got this stamp I just couldn't wait to color up her hair.  She was a lot of fun to color with all her wisps, folds, and pleats.  I had this really kewl Halloween Wonderland paper that I wanted to use for this image so I used the colors in the paper. Even though Alice is traditionally blonde I love her with this fierce red hair. Once I had her done, she reminded me so much of my youngest darling daughter, Stevie with her beautiful red flowing locks and freckles.(yes that's her given name and named after Stevie Nicks) My Stevie is turning 21 on the 21st of June this year. She's a Summer Solstice baby and I always told her that made her extra special. Sharing the sun signs of both Cancer and Gemini. I decided I'd make this her birthday card and save it until then. Wow, I feel so ahead of the game! Maybe I should get started on birthday cards for my other three kids, and 5 grandchildren.  Ohhh that's a whole lot of Birthday cards coming up.
Here's a picture of my Stevie.


I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps Black Jack 21 pnts (2die cut 16, Rubber 5)
The Emerald Faerie Garden Dry embossing
Aud Sentiments Happy Birthday
Paper Crafting Journey Paper anything
Paper Play Challenges Something old something new(new paper and stamp/old ribbon/embellishment
Divas by Design Stripes/spots
Penny's Paper Crafty challenge blog Photo inspiration
The Pixie Cottage Sketch/anything goes
Simon Says Stamps Challenge Anything goes
Perfect Sentiments Challenge Anything goes w/diecut
Celebrate the Occasion Birthday Bling
Ribbon Carousel Challenge Anything goes
Always Crafting Anything goes 
 Party Time Tuesdays #57 Anything goes
One Crazy Stamper.com Birthday








Copics used:
Skin:E000,E00,E11
 Hair:YR04,YR18,E09,E18
Dress:B91,B93,B95
StockingsV12,V15,V17/B91,B93,B95
Eyes:YG13,YG17

30 comments:

Jan said...

She's so pretty! and your Alice does look like her too! Great job with the hair and folds in her dress.

downrightcrafty said...

this is totally gorgeous and perfect embossing for our challenge at the Emerald Faerie Garden, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy on offer and a software give away if you are interested :)

Adrian said...

She is adorable, thanks for playing @ CTO!

scrappymo! said...

Spunky little image...and your daughter is very pretty!

Vicky said...

So very beautiful!!!!!

Laurie said...

This is fabulous - love this card and the colors that you used!

Erica said...

Gorgeous card! June 21st is my birthday too.

Pat K said...

Great card. Love your colouring, dp choice and well everything about this card. I'm sure your beautiful daughter will love it.
Hugs, Pat

ScrappyRae10 said...

OMG I love everything about this card! Fabulous Job! Thanks for playing along with CTO!! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Lovely card.. thanks for playing with us @ Alota!

Anonymous said...

a very nice card love that kraftin kimmie stamp thanks for playing at the perfect sentiment.

Céline said...

funy card, love the stamp! fab coloring
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hus
céline

linda said...

beautiful coloring - wow!

girlia said...

Great job on the image. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Esther said...

Wonderful design and fabulous job coloring the cute image!!
Thanks for joining CTO this week.

Sarah-Jane said...

Fabby card. I love the papers and the great image. Thank you for joining us at Divas this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Sassy said...

Gorgeous and funny! Great coloring. Love, love, love your paper choices. Thanks for playing with Perfect Sentiment.

Michelle B. said...

You have done an amazing job! The image is too adorable (I love Kraftin' Kimmie) and so beautifully colored! Fab layout and papers too! Thanks for playing with us a Aud Sentiments!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Fabulous card with such amazing details, love it! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use bling)" challenge :)

Margaret said...

Fantastic card. Great job on the coloring. That paper is fabulous. I love it. Thanks for playing along at Perfect Sentiments.

Kellie said...

Love your card! I would love to know what colours you used in the hair, it's beautiful!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

Hey it's sue from cakeballs, cookies and more, I saw your comment and wanted to let you know the name of the etsy seller. Also how cute is your stuff!

Thanks for visiting, here is the store I bought from:)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllGearedUp

Marcea said...

An absolutely wonderful creation full of beautiful attention to detail. Thankyou for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week.

I hope you can join us again this week. There is candy up for grabs on my blog ... x

Jennipher said...

Awesome work! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, it a piece of ART for sure. Great colouring and well put together, thanks for sharing at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

Unknown said...

Oh What a beautiful Card, Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jacilynn said...

sooo adorable. love this card. Thanks for joining One Crazy Stamper this month.
cheers!
Jacilynn

Nela said...

Its so gorgeous, what a lovely
image coloured so beautifully!
Thanks for playing with us on the
Emerald Faerie Garden challenge
Nela xx

Madge H. said...

Beautiful Coloring on your image!!! I love your card! Thank you for joining OCS for the March Birthday challenge. Good Luck.
~ rubber hugz ~
M

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful cards you have here! Especially love this ♥♥